Ecofriendly Grocery Bags: A shopper’s Daily Companion
In the recent years, growing number of cities and countries around the world have started banning the use of single-use plastic shopping bags. The reason lies in the following facts:
- The average American family takes home almost 1,500 plastic shopping bags a year.
- According to the Wall Street Journal, Americans throw away 100 billion plastic shopping bags annually, with an estimated cost to retailers: $4 billion
- Only 0.5 to 3 percent of plastic bags are recycled in the United States. The rest end up clogging waterways, in the landfills, in the ocean, and can take up to 1000 years to decompose.
- It is estimated that thousands of seabirds and mammals die each year by ingesting or choking on the discarded plastic bagsBurlap tote bags and jute bags are reusable grocery bags that can be used for years. Instead of hassling with weak and broken plastic bags, these reusable grocery bags are both strong and durable. Jute is one of the most versatile, durable natural fibers that are extremely sturdy, strong and has the life expectancy of over a thousand plastic carrier bags. When discarded, jute totally decomposes giving back all its valuable nutrients into the soil. These totes can easily withstand the heavy weight of groceries without breaking.Personalize your Grocery tote bags: Ecofriendly totes can be best used in retails. The retailer can sale them for free or put them on sale at a very minimal cost. This offer not only save the environment, but also reduces the cost associated with the usage of paper or plastic bags for the customers. Retailers can also give some discount on ecofriendly nonwoven and jute shopping tote as an incentive to the customers so that they start using more of these bags. This really encourages the customers to buy more reusable, ecofriendly bags, thereby reducing the usage of plastic bags which are causing so much harm to the environment.The reusable grocery bags and jute bags come in a wide variety of sizes, styles and colors. Make a fashion statement with hot pink, lime green, orange or go neutral with a natural color. Choose from different styles, including drawstring, messenger, sport, beach and tote. In addition to strong fabrics, these bags have grommets and sturdy handles. At Carry Green, the bags are affordable, and consumers can buy in bulk to save money on eco-friendly burlap tote bags and jute bags.
- Shop Smarter. CarryGreen offers large jute and cotton shopping bags which are the perfect size for veggies, bread, milk and other staples from the grocery store.